Violence & Beauty

This is when I usually get home from work. Work being my OTHER job when I'm not trying to get people to pay me for taking pictures. These two days out of the week are usually loaded with unusually high spikes in my blood pressure, anxiety and/or rage ( I have a hard time distinguishing the two ) through my veins. At one point in my life I attended anger management classes. This is a particularly funny story, and I'll save it for another day. But I will say this, that it wasn't voluntary, and it didn't seem to work. I digress...


Tonight sucked. Multiple out bursts of violence do not thrill my work environment experience. Especially when it leaves my work space littered with tiny pools of blood. It's moments like these I am disappointed with humanity, or at least the drink-our-faces-off-till-we-make-really- stupid-decisions variety. Breaking a bottle ( or glass ) and hitting someone with it doesn't work out in real life like it does in the movies, where the antagonist comically passes out below the bar belly and the hero shrugs, kisses the damsel in distress, and orders another whiskey. In real life its called trying to kill someone even if you just slashed half their face off.


Dear Ghandi,

Please come to downtown San Diego. We need you desperately. Thanks. Still working on the anger thing. Peace out homie.

-Tatum


aside from tonight, TODAY was awesome,

Let's focus on that.

I had two beautiful ladies come to shoot with me. It was a very busy day for my makeshift little studio. I mean, totally awesome and totally professional studio! I already sneak peaked on the one... so lets sneak peak on the other shall we?



Listen up folks... this photo isn't edited.... AT ALL. straight outta the camera. Sadly my blog wouldn't upload a raw format image otherwise I wouldn't have even had to convert the thing to jpg. At this point in the shoot, I did not say a WORD, which is saying something because I never shut up. I sat there and took a good 100 pictures because what was happening was so amazing and beautiful. I know you must agree :)

Until next time.

-Tatum

0 comments:

Post a Comment