the 18th day...

of May, exactly 32 months ago, was the first day that muffin and I went on our very first date. A breakfast date to be more specific. Shout out to the BIG SQUEEZE in Pacific Beach, my old hood, who still makes the best damn acai bowl I've ever had.



While most first dates don't involve breakfast, we aren't most people...
once we had breakfast, then we talked all the way until lunch, once we had lunch, then we went to the gun store (that makes toootal sense) , and once we purchased a fire arm, then we had dinner! Once we had dinner....



I insisted that he leave my house because WTF it was 11 pm and what on earth was he still doing here!! So he jumped on his bike and pedaled home.

But very early on, after he opened the car door for me on our first date, we had a conversation about how early in relationships people act differently like opening car doors, and pretending to have manners. I then insisted that I wouldn't fall for such nonsense and he may as well reveal what sort of weirdo he is so I can decide if I want to deal with it. ( I may have been some sort of a man-hater at this point in my life.) He very intently assured me that he wouldn't do something now, that he didn't plan on doing for the rest of his life. For those of you that know the Muffin, when he says something, he means it!

Point of the story....

Every 18th day, of every single month, since our very first breakfast date, I receive flowers on our "anniversary."




I'm no hopeless romantic or anything, in fact I mostly am a glass half empty kind of girl, but sometimes I can't help but think, I might be the luckiest girl in the world.





-Tatum




p.s. Now I stand around and wait for my car door to be opened for me. It's really not my fault! He made me this way :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment